In the month of March 2013, you all hardly saw any recipes in Raksha's Kitchen. I was getting a lot of comments why I am writing for an alchohol brand and that I should discontinue writing for it. But I did not loose my spirits. Yes, I was writing as I was asked to write for it. I took it up as a challenge given the fact that none in my family including me drinks alcohol (even occasionally!). But that's what we bloggers are right? We have to be creative and creativity lies inside me :)
Today I am presenting you all with a delicious
Goan GSB( Goud Saraswat Bramhin) dish. It is normally served as a side dish with vegetarian thali in Goa. My Mom normally makes this and my dad being a pure vegetarian loves it. I learnt this dish from my Mom and we love it here too. My little one calls it Brinjal Fish :)
Ingredients:
For frying
1 big Brinjal
1 tsp. chilly powder
1 tsp. turmeric powder
¼ tsp. salt
Oil for frying
For the coating
½ cup rawa/semolina
¼ cup rice flour
½ tsp. chilly powder
¼ tsp. salt
Procedure:
Step 1:
Mix rawa, rice flour, chilly powder and salt and keep aside.
Step 2:
Slice the brinjal. The slices should be of ¼ inch thickness.
When you slice the brinjal it will be circular in shape. If desired make it
into semi-circular shape.
Apply chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt to the brinjal
and keep aside for 10-15 mins.
Step 3:
Coat the brinjal in the rawa.
Step 4:
Now take the frying pan, heat it and spread 1 tbsp. oil on
it.
Step 5:
Arrange the rawa coated brinjals on the frying pan one by one.
Step 6:
Spread 1-2
tablespoon oil on top of the rawa coated brinjals. Fry by covering the frying
pan. In between sprinkle 1 tsp. water over the brinjals to keep them moist.
Step 7:
After 10 mins, flip to the other side and fry for another 10
mins.
Step 8:
Check whether the brinjals are cooked by poking in the
center of the brinjal with a knife. If brinjal is soft and it gets cut easily
then it’s done.
