Mushroom Ghee Roast

With nice cool breeze around, I am waiting for rains. It rained so heavily yesterday that I went back to my childhood. Those fond memories are something which I will treasure forever. Today I will be presenting you all with a delicious recipe from my kitchen i.e. Mushroom Ghee Roast. This recipe turned out yummy and all ended up licking fingers in the end. The taste of mushrooms with ghee and masala is awesome. I like to experiment with mushrooms because they are a great source of calcium. I have also started adding mushrooms in my kids diet but in a less spicier form.



Ingredients:
1 Packet mushrooms
1 Medium sized onion chopped fine
1 Tbsp garlic paste
2 Tomatoes chopped fine
3-5 Tbsp ghee

For gravy:
5 Red chillies
5-6 Curry leaves
3 Garlic pods
1 Tsp coriander seeds
1 Tsp cumin seeds
1 Tsp fennel seeds
1 Cardamom,cinnamon,clove
4-5 Black peppercorns
1 Tbsp grated coconut
1 Marble sized ball tamarind
1 Tbsp garam masala



Procedure:
Dry roast all the ingredients meant for gravy.
Grind the ingredients for gravy by adding 2 tbsp water.

Quarter the mushrooms n keep aside.
In a kadai, add ghee n when it heats add onion.
When onion turns pinkish add garlic paste and stir. Make sure to cover the kadai.
When aroma comes from garlic add tomatoes n fry till they turn mushy. Now add the gravy n stir well. Add garam masala to the gravy.
Now add the mushroom n stir so that the mushrooms are coated with the gravy.
Adjust salt.
Serve with rotis or rice. Serve with a dash of love.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,