Goan Velli Sukhe | Anchovy Semi Gravy

Whenever I used to return home from school, my Mom would ask me to change the uniform and to come downstairs for lunch. I used to come and sit for lunch and my Mom would serve delicious food for me. One of my favorite one was "Velli Sukhe" or Anchovies Semi Gravy. I never knew it was so simple to cook this, until I tried this.

Last week my hubby got loads of Anchovies and I wanted to try different types of recipes. One recipe which I tried was this one. I called my Mom and asked her how to prepare my favorite "Velli Sukhe". Mom gave me the instructions over the phone and I prepared it. My hubby had never tasted this in his life till now. He loved this "Velli Sukhe". He said it was awesome. The same can be tried with Prawns. Just replace the Anchovies by prawns and you will get delicious Prawns Semi Gravy. Thank you Mom for this awesome recipe.


Ingredients:
20 anchovies/velli
2 medium sized onions
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1 raw mango
salt to taste

Procedure:
In a kadai, add oil and let it get heated. Then add chopped onion and let it turn pinkish.
Once it turns pinkish, then add the marinated fish, grated coconut, raw mango pieces, turmeric and chilly powder.
Mix everything and cook till the fish and raw mango gets cooked. Add salt to taste.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,