"A recipe has no soul, you as a cook should bring soul to the recipe". This was my 2nd experiment using Sambal Oelek Sauce. I simply followed the recipe which was mentioned behind the bottle of the Sambal Oelek Sauce. What I did extra was the marination part and also added Soya sauce. The experiment was successful and indeed tasted great.
While I was clicking I over-heard my hubby telling my kiddo that Mumma is doing something different in kitchen. He also gave a feedback that I should cook fish this way instead of the regular Rawa fried fish. This recipe comes out to all my fans who love fish. Do give it a try and don't forget to let me know :)
Ingredients:
2 pieces of Kingfish / seer fish
4 tbsp cooking oil
To Marinate:
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp salt
For Sauce:
4 tbsp Sambal Oelek
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp sugar
Procedure:
First marinate the fish by applying a paste made out of chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. You can add 3 tablespoon water to make a paste. Leave it for 30 minutes.
Mix the Sambal Oelek, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar in a bowl. Set it aside.
Fry the fish using hot oil in a frying pan.
Drain the oil and add sauce.
Simmer till the sauce glazes over the fish.
Turn to the other side and spread the sauce on the other side too.
Serve hot.
Note:
If you don't like the sweetish taste then do not add sugar or decrease the sugar content.
You may skip the marination step and directly proceed to next step that is frying the fish in oil. I like marinated fish as it does not carry the strong fish smell.
You can add ginger-garlic paste to the marination if you prefer.
Do join me at my facebook page:
www.facebook.com/rakshaskitchen