Raw Mango Pickle | Raw Mango Sweet And Sour Chutney | Goan Goad Lonche Recipe | Goan Raw Mango Sweet Pickle

Today I will share a recipe with you that is very close to my heart. Come the summer season and the season of mangoes and raw mangoes. My Mom would make varieties of pickles with mangoes at home. One of them would be "Goad Meil" or "Goad Lonche". "Goad" meaning sweet and Meil or Lonche meaning pickle. 



Frankly speaking, I used to never like this pickle until I grew up. My Mom would pack a big bottle of this pickle to my hostel and my hostel mates used to love it. It was then that I realized the importance of food cooked by my Mom and home cooked food. Now that I am married, my hubby loves this pickle which Mom makes. This time I thought that I should learn this recipe from my Mom. I had tried it once before, but it did not turn well and my hubby did not like it. I tried it again this time after gathering all my guys and yes, it was perfect. The hot taste of chilies, the spicy masala used for tempering along with the sweetness of jaggery and the sourness of raw mangoes adds a distinctive taste to this pickle. All these flavors dance together and when I eat this along with chapatis I get back into a flashback of the past. 


Ingredients:                                          Makes one bottle of pickle

For Tempering:

Procedure:


Serve with hot rotis or paranthas. Enjoy and do come back and tell me how was your experience with this pickle.

Follow me on facebook: www.facebook.com/rakshaskitchen

Labels: , , , , , , , ,