My hubby always told me that his friend got a very tasty tomato chutney in his lunch box.
And he always asked me to learn how that's made.
I tried several times, but it would not satisfy his taste buds and neither mine.
Finally after a lot of trial and error I got the secret... and it was to give it a little hot and sweet taste.Try it when you have very little time, this is the easiest and the fastest chutney I ever prepared. It takes only 15 minutes of preparation time.
Ingredients:
5 tomatoes
3 pods of garlic
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp salt
Procedure:
Chop the tomatoes and blend them along with the garlic pods to make a fine puree.
In a pan, fry oil and add mustard seeds.
Once they flutter, add cumin seeds.
Add garlic paste and red chilly powder.
Slightly stir.
Add sugar and salt and stir.
Add the tomato puree and cook it on a low flame.
Stir it in between.
You know it is cooked when the oil gets separated.
