Rawa Fried Mackerels

Since the day I came to Bangalore, I used to miss Goan fried fish. One day my hubby got home some mackerel's. Thankfully they were cut and fairly clean. I re-cleaned them till I felt satisfied and since then I started my experiments with fish.



Ingredients:

1/2 kg mackerel
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup rawa
1 cup rice flour
1 tablespoon oil

Procedure:

Clean and cut the mackerel's into 2 or 3 pieces.
Marinate the mackerel's as follows:
     Add all the cut mackerel pieces into a bowl.
     Apply salt,turmeric and chilly powder to it.
     Mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
For frying:
     Mix the rice flour, rawa, pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp each of turmeric powder and chilly powder.

Dip and roll the mackerel's into the rawa. Ensure that it is covered with rawa on all sides.
Heat the frying pan and spread 1 tsp oil. Add more if required.
Place the fish on the pan and fry on low flame.
After 5 minutes turn them to the other side.
Fry them for 15 minutes.
You know they are done when they turn brown.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,