As soon as I wake up early in the morning, a question which comes to my mind, is "what to cook for breakfast?". Then I rush to my kitchen and check whatever is available. One fine day I found lots of rava in my kitchen. So I decided to cook onion bhakri or "
Kanyachi Bhakri" and it turned out to be one of the best weekly breakfast option. To simplify it, a Bhakri is a round flat unleavened bread.
Just remember to serve it hot soon after frying it as it tastes best soon after its cooked. You don't need any chutney or dips, just have it as it is and have a healthy breakfast.
Today I am updating this post with new pictures. Hope you all love them.
Ingredients: Makes 4 Bhakri, Prep. time: 20 Min's
1 cup rawa/semolina
1/2 cup onions finely chopped
2 tablespoon grated coconut
1 tsp jaggery/sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
1 green chili finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
Procedure:
Soak rawa in 1 and 1/2 cups water for 30 Min's. After 30 Min's, drain the excess water.
Add all the ingredients listed above and mix properly.
Adjust salt according to your taste.
Heat a frying pan, tava or griddle spread 1 tsp ghee and take one fist full of batter in your hands or in ladle and spread it on the frying pan using your finger tips.
Close the frying pan with lid for 5 Min's.
Spread 1 tsp ghee on the upper side and turn after 10 Min's.
Fry on both the sides till it's slightly brownish on both sides.
Note:
Serve it with chutney. We prefer it plain.
The more you soak the rava, the softer the bhakri or flat-bread becomes.