Baked potatoes is something I wanted to try. This was a pure experiment, which was highly successful. I actually just wanted to see if I can bake potatoes. So I tried things like marinating them in a combination of simple spices and then baking them to perfection. This experiment was an easy one and did not require much efforts. Just that I had to adjust the baking time in the end to extra 10 Min's :) You might need to do this if you are doing an experiment for the fist time like this.
You can try to semi-boil the potatoes and then bake them. That also would be another experiment. You can also sprinkle some lemon juice before serving them. That would enhance the taste.
Be sure to prick holes in the baby potatoes before baking, else something disastrous might happen! ;)
Ingredients:
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp amchur / dry mango powder
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
5-6 baby potatoes
1 tsp salt
Procedure:
Peel the baby potatoes and keep aside.
Mix all the powders.
To this add the ginger-garlic paste.
Mix everything, add 1 tsp water if required.
Using a fork make holes into the potatoes on all sides.
Apply the paste and marinate the potatoes for 30 Min's.
Using a brush, apply oil to the marinated potatoes.
Bake the potatoes for 35-40 Min's in convection mode at 180c.
Serve hot.
This goes to
Whip up something new! Challenge by Gnoe and
Joanna.
