Gobi Manchurian Restaurant Style

Gobi Manchurian is my all time favorite. Each and every time I made this at home, I wanted to get the perfect taste. 
Why to go to restaurants when it can be prepared at home? Yes follow this fool-proof recipe and cook the Gobi Manchurian with lots of love and I am sure it will turn great.

When I cook food, I cook it with lot's of love and passion. I love cooking food and I pour all my love in the food I cook.

On one Sunday I made this for my Hubby Dear. I served it with Veg Fried Rice and the Sunday lunch was superb. My hubby always praises me for the good food that I cook. Yup I am missing him a lot. No one at home to talk to and to fight with ;) 

 Right now he is gone to California on work related purpose and I am missing him a lot :( I don't feel like cooking anything at home without him. What's the use of cooking and eating alone? There should be someone for whom you should cook. My little angel is too small to eat all these things. It gives a great sense of satisfaction when someone likes what we cook. ... and I am pretty sure that my hubby must be missing my hand cooked food.

Anyways distance makes the heart grow fonder. Yup, I am missing my hubby. Feeling very lonely. Sometimes I don't feel like eating anything. There is no company here. No one to talk to here. Sometimes I feel that he will just come anytime and ring the door bell. Not used to staying alone in Bangalore. Anyways thanks to the technology. At least I can talk to him on gtalk and keep gtalk on full time. 

This great recipe is dedicated specially for my hubby. 



Ingredients:

15-20 cauliflower florets

For the batter:

5 tablespoon all purpose flour
5 tablespoon corn flour
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
Pinch of orange food colour
Pinch of salt
Water to make batter

For the sauce:

1 small onion, chopped fine / 1 cup chopped spring onions
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 green chillies, slit midways (use to taste)
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp green chili sauce (optional but recommended)
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp cornflour mixed with 4 tbsp water
1 veg maggi cube
1/2 tsp lemon juice / Vinegar
1 cup chopped spring onion greens
Salt to taste


Procedure:
Make the batter of thick consistency.
In a wok, add 2 cups oil, coat the cauliflower florets in batter and fry them in oil.
Spread them on a kitchen towel so that the extra oil gets drained.

Switch off the gas and separate the extra oil from the wok carefully and in the same wok fry the garlic and green chiles.
When it's fried add the onions and spring onion greens and fry.



Add the maggi cube and the sauces and mix properly.



Now add the soy sauce and mix well.
Now add the cornflour mixed with water and heat till the sauce thickens.
Add salt to taste.




Now the sauce is ready and the cauliflower florets too. So, mix the fried cauliflower florets in sauce.

Garnish with coriander leaves and spring onion greens and serve hot.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,