My childhood was a very beautiful one. I used to be always engrossed in my studies and art. I loved to draw and paint. My Mom always encouraged me by taking me around for various competitions and she used to feel very good when I used to win something and get it home. Apart from dance, painting and studies I did not do anything else. Come the summer vacations, I used to stitch pillow covers and do hand embroidery on then.
Begin an artist at heart, I also started writing poems and would publish them in newspapers and magazines. The only thing which I never did was cooking food. When my marriage time came, my Mom was worried as to what I will cook and feed my family. I used to childishly say "I will hire a cook".
Soon after marriage I realized that it was not so easy to hire a cook. So I started learning to cook and spent the 1st 6 months just learning the basics of cooking. I learnt to make tea, rice, rotis and some basic subzis. Very soon I realized that I also love cooking. Cooking is an art, and I an artist at heart. My Mom feels proud now that my family loves whatever I make. My mom-in-law calls me and asks me certain recipes which she had when she visited my place. Isn't it great?
Today I will present to you all a great recipe. I used to have China grass pudding in my childhood when my aunt used to make it on some special occasions. China grass is a healthy form of jelly compared to other gelatin which is derived from animals. Do try this recipe when you have some guests. Your guests will surely appreciate you. You can even make it otherwise for your sweet family.
Ingredients:
10 gms China grass / dried agar agar / Ceylon moss
8-10 almonds
8-10 pistas
warm water to soak china grass
2 cups milk
1 tsp NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia Liquid, alcohol free
Procedure:
Break the pista and almonds into small pieces.
Cut the china grass into small pieces and soak it in warm water till it gets dissolved.
Drain and into the liquid add almond and pista pieces, milk,Vanilla Stevia Liquid.
Bring the liquid to a boil. Lower the heat and keep stirring.
Remove from the gas and pour into a flat pan or mould.
Let it cool down and then refrigerate them.
Cut the jelly into square and serve.
Note: 1 tsp of NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia Liquid can be replaced by 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
