My Car Made Him Love Me more

Ever since I got married I always wished to have a car. I dreamt of being driven by a driver like as if I was a queen. The driver would be none other than my king. My husband who is the king of my world, has always fulfilled all my wishes. He told me that if I get a new job he would buy me a car. Finally after 2 years of my marriage, on our 2nd marriage anniversary my husband purchased a brand new Swift VDI.

That was one of the best moments of my life. He would take me around like a queen. We would visit temples, visit friends and go for long distant trips too.
Once we decided to go on a long distant trip to Goa. Goa being my native place, we wanted to take our car to seek blessing from Goddess Bhagwati who is our family deity. Also wanted to show the new car to our family there.

The trip was really good. I and my King enjoyed each and every moment of the trip. We started from Bangalore early in the morning at 5.00 AM to beat the traffic on Tumkur highway. Each and every moment was special. We halted at some Kamat Hotel for breakfast at Tiptur in Karnataka and again started our journey Non Stop till Sagar in Shimoga district where we halted for lunch. The stretch of road from Sagar to Shimoga was mind-boggling. The road was newly cemented and we enjoyed the scenery too. We even halted for 30 Min's to see the Jog falls in Shimoga district. It was just awesome.

Karwar Beach
At around 6.00 PM we reached Karwar which is close to Goa. The drive besides the Karwar beach was exciting. We halted there and clicked some pictures. After sometime I saw a fisher-woman selling dry fish on the shore. Me and my hubby being fish lovers we purchased some dry mackerels. These are helpful when we don't get fresh fish in Bangalore. I kept the dry fish in my car. At around 7.30 PM we reached Cuncolim which is close to Margao. Cuncolim is the place where I am brought up. It's my beautiful village which I love the most. We halted there for dinner. My Mom saw our car and was filled with joy. She was extremely happy to see the new car and moreover it was a surprise to her. We had not informed anyone in Goa that we would be visiting them :)

Soon after dinner we went to Margao. The big city where my in-laws live. My Father in law was busy taking a walk in the garden outside our home. We stopped our car outside the house. He was surprised to see us. My hubby got a little bit of scoldings for driving all the way from Bangalore to Goa which is approx. 700 Kms. My hubby told them that he got the car home to show it to everyone and to take it to temple.

Everything went fine. We chit chatted with our family and soon went off to bed. The next day since we were tired, we thought of resting till afternoon. Soon after lunch we decided to visit Goddess Bhagwati. The temple is again around 1 and 1/2 hour drive from Margao. We packed coconut, rice, bananas, incense sticks, flowers and a saree to offer to Goddess Bhagwati. I invited my mom-in-law to join us.

She was excited to get a ride in her son's new car. Quickly she dressed up. We all came to our car. My hubby gave our car a quick wash from outside as it had got dirty on the highway. As soon as we opened the car, a foul smell emerged from our car. It was a dirty stink from the dry mackerels which which forgot to take out from our car on the previous night. My mom-in-law was not willing to get into the car now. My father-in-law again started scolding and said that in no way we could visit the temple now with a stink of dry fish.

My hubby was tensed. My brother in laws were all laughing at us. I did not know whether to laugh or to cry. My hubby's face was point blank. Suddenly I saw a big van going outside with a banner of Ambi Pur mini car air freshener. There was some person going around with a mike in his hand and announcing that Ambi Pur mini actually eliminates odors and freshens the air from the car for up to 30 days.



I thought of giving it a try. I told my hubby that I will be back in 10-15 Min's. I took my brother-in-laws scooty and went to the market area which is 10 Min's ride from our home. I purchased an Ambi Pur mini. We installed it in our car. My hubby put on the air and after few minutes unbelievably all the odor was out of the car and it was filled with a pleasant fragrance. 


It’s Ambi Pur’s advanced Odor Elimination Technology that so effectively removed those typical odors from our car. The fragrance was not too strong too. It was running low but it was pleasant.

All the dirty foul smell was eliminated from our car.
My hubby was happy that all the stink had gone. I than told my mom-in-law to come and check whether we can proceed to Goddess Bhagwati temple in Marcella. My father-in-law could not believe that there was a smell of dry mackerels in the car. Everyone was astonished as to where the smell disappeared. My hubby thanked me a lot for this. His love for me increased even more after this incident. Guys love their car more than their wifes. But my car made him love me more :)

We were able to take our car to Marcella to seek blessings from Goddess Bhagwati. I narrated the incident to the priest at the temple. He said that my faith and belief in the Goddess was great. It was this Goddess who sent the advertisement on the van at the right time. Had I not seen the banner and listened to the advertisement, I would have never got an Ambi Pur for my car and probably would have ended up coming back to Bangalore without taking our car to the temple.

Thanks to Ambi Pur for eliminating all that odor from our car and making our trip a great one.

This is an entry for Escape Into Freshness Whenever You Drive contest on Indiblogger.

Labels: , ,